Monday, June 29, 2015

The Kiddos Speak!


Father's Day 2015

It’s time for the 3 Coast kids to have a chance to share their thoughts about all of the exciting new changes in our family! We’re going to do this interview style.  I’ll ask them some questions and then give each kid a chance to answer. Here goes!

Me: First of all, what do you think of your Dad’s job?

Dillon- "I think his job is cool because we get to travel around and do fun stuff at camps. I don’t know a whole lot of people who do his type of thing. We have a unique dad, and I think that’s cool."

Jaden- "It’s fun. I get to go to a lot of cool places. I like that I get to see him [Daddy]."

Jack- "Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes it gets boring. Sponge balls get boring. I like helping Dad on stage. I think he’s creative. I like his job."


Me: What did you think when we first started talking about living on the road full time? How do you feel now?

Dillon- "I thought it was kind of crazy and weird at first. Because we have a lot of stuff, and we were going to have to get rid of it and I thought that would take forever. But I liked the idea because we could go anywhere we wanted to if we were mobile. Now, I feel good about it. We got rid of a lot of stuff. I’m excited about being able to go everywhere."

Jaden- "I didn’t really want to do it at first. I didn’t want to leave my friends, and I like where we live. Now, I feel excited. I get to see a lot of cool places. I want to go to WonderWorks in Panama City Beach, FL!"

Jack- "I was excited because I’ve never been in an RV before. I am still excited about it!"


Me: What has it been like to get rid of so much stuff? How do you feel about owning less things?

Dillon- "It feels good to get rid of it because we don’t have to worry about our stuff. When I went through and got rid of stuff I realized I didn’t need a lot of it."

Jaden- "It feels good. It was hard. There was stuff that I wanted to keep, but couldn’t. But then I realized that I didn’t need it. Now it’s much easier. I don’t have to worry about picking up stuff all the time and it’s easier to clean my room."

Jack- "It makes it a lot easier to clean my room. It’s easier to have not as much toys. I miss one of my toys, but not the others."

Each kiddo has reduced their toys to one of these boxes, along with one twice that size in storage. That's it!

Me: How do you feel about our family living in an RV together?

Dillon- "I think it’s going to be crowded. I’m also excited because it’s going to be something new to experience."

Jaden- "Claustrophobic. Just kidding. I’m ok with it. I want my own bed and personal space."

Jack- "Happy and excited. I get to see the big meteor crater in New Mexico!"


Me: What is it like to spend so much time with your family?

Dillon- "I like it because we get to hang out together. I like to play with Jaden and Jack, but sometimes I want to do my own thing."

Jaden- "It’s fun. I like it."

Jack-  "I think it’s fun. Sometimes I want to be by myself."


Me: What are you most excited about doing/seeing once we are on the road full time?

Dillon- "Going to historical places. I want to go to Washington D.C., the Johnson Space Center, Universal Studios, Yellowstone National Park, and Mt. Rushmore. I also want to go to New York City again."

Jaden- "I want to go to Hawaii, I want to see New York City again, Great Wolf Lodge, WonderWorks in FL, and go to Disneyland as a family. I like Disneyland better than Disneyworld."

Jack- "The big crater in New Mexico, the Hollywood sign, the Statue of Liberty, the St. Louis Arch, and the Eiffel Tower."

Our visit to Disneyworld in Feb. 2015


Me: What do you want people to know about our family adventure?

Dillon- "They should do it with their families too!"

Jaden- "You should do it! It may be hard at first, but it’s very cool when you’re done with it!"

Jack- "That it’s fun and you should do it!"


So there you have it! In the kids’ own words. Have anything else you want to ask our kids about traveling, minimalizing, homeschooling, etc.? Ask in the comments or leave a post over on our Coast 5 Adventure Facebook page!

Meeting "Sue" at the Florida Museum of Natural History in Gainesville, FL.

~ Melissa

1 comment:

  1. So happy for all of your sweet family. Your kids are going to get to see so many interesting things and meet so many different people.
    Love you Aunt Diana

    ReplyDelete